Walt Express is about to let you in on some secrets to SAVE THOSE TOOTSIES at Disney World! Find out right here: Top 10 Secrets to Keeping Your Feet Happy in Disney World.
Top 10 Secrets to Keeping Your Feet Happy in Disney World
Let’s face it, if you are walking 10 plus miles a day in Disney World, your feet are NOT going to be your best friend. And, if you ARE walking 10 plus miles a day in Disney World, you REALLY NEED your feet to BE your best friend! Walt Express is going to give you 10 tips to help!
- SHOES: This one is a “no brainer”. The correct shoes will make you or break you on a Disney vacation! Disney World is NOT the place to wear those cute little 3 inch heels (yes, I have seen it myself!). You will need a good, comfortable pair of tennis shoes or running shoes, preferably a pair that have been worn for a few months. Do NOT buy a new pair of shoes and wear them for the first time in Disney World. My son did this once and we ended up with about 456 blisters and spent well over $125 for sandals in Animal Kingdom, just to finish out our trip. If staying on property, bring a pair of flip flops or something similar for walking around the resort. This way, your feet can air out a little.
- EXTRA SOCKS: You will want to keep an extra pair of socks in your bag during your day in the parks. Your feet will sweat and some attractions will get you wet. Nothing is worse than walking around the park in wet socks.
- MOLESKIN & BLISTER PROTECTION: Moleskin feels like a little piece of heaven on your feet after you have a blister from walking so much. You can purchase this at pretty much any department store or pharmacy.
- START WALKING NOW: Don’t wait until a week before you go to actually get moving (yes, guilty again). I was NOT prepared on our first visit at how much walking we would actually do. Need some help and wondering where to start? Check this out!
- THE DISNEY RASH: It’s real people, it’s REAL! This happens to even the most experienced Disney goers. Find out what exactly it is and how to get relief! THE DISNEY RASH
- MAGNESIUM: I am serious! This little supplement can save you tons of muscle aches and pains, and so much more! Check it out here: BENEFITS OF MAGNESIUM
- LOTIONS & CREAMS: There are literally tons of foot lotions and creams out there, but honestly, any kind of lotion will do. It’s the actual “rubbing” it in that helps the most. Another little tip is to buy your child that $20 souvenir he really wants in return for a “foot rub”. Hey, don’t judge! When your feet hurt, you are willing to pay any amount of money!
- TAKE BREAKS: You are going to walk…A LOT! Take a break, sit down, take your shoes and socks off for a bit and let them rest and air out!
- SOAK THEM TOOTSIES: When you get back to your room for the night, run a tub of hot water and soak them for a little while.
- BRING EXTRAS: I know some of us like to “pack light”. Don’t skimp on the shoes. Bring an extra pair just in case! If in doubt, see “secret #1” (yes, my feelings are STILL hurt about paying over $125 for shoes at Disney).
On Mandi’s recent runDisney run she realized she had more aches and pains, so she wanted me to add two extra products that helped her tremendously. Although you won’t be running to your favorite attractions like she was in the Darkside Half, you will be walking a lot and these products are a must.
- Deep Blue Rub: This stuff is amazing! Full of essential oils and ya know, that good for ya stuff, it gives your feet or aches and pains anywhere on the body a cooling sensation. This stuff feels amazing on your feet or lower back after a long day in the parks!
- KT Tape: Put this on your achy feet and it will take the ache away! It is like magic! Check out the pic of Mandi’s poor feet after her run and in-between park time with her family. They were sore, but she kept moving. I mean, wouldn’t you in Disney World? No brainer, right?!
These are just a few tips and tricks my family uses to “save our feet” while at Disney World. If you have any tips, we would love to hear them. I hope this helps to “save your feet” on your next visit to Disney World!
Please join us in Disney Express Lane for more great Disney planning tips and tricks!